With summer in full swing and 4th of July just around the corner, many will be enjoying spending time with family and friends and hosting parties along with attending or hosting family reunions.
What better way to spend the 4th of July than hanging out in the backyard enjoying some appetizing and delightful 4th of July themed cuisine together and creating some great memories! These 5 great sweet chow ideas will bring all the FUN to any 4th of July party!
1. Poppin’ Ice Cream Sandwich – To make these, pour a couple of packages of blue and red Pop Rocks onto a shallow dish. Roll or dabs ice cream sandwiches in the Pop Rocks and pop (Ha!) back in the freezer until ready to serve!
2. Blastin’ Strawberries – To make these – Microwave white candy discs for 30-second intervals until melted. Dip strawberries about half way up and then roll into blue crystal sprinkles. Place on parchment lined cookie sheet. Let dry for 5-10 minutes. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
3. Fruit “Sparklers” – To make these, Slice watermelon to fit the width of the star cutter. Using the cutter, create a star shape out of the watermelon. Slide the blueberries onto the stick with the pointed end of the skewer facing up. Place the star at the top of the skewer, making sure the pointed stick is not exposed beyond the watermelon.
4. American Eggs – To make these – Mix one cup hot water with one teaspoon Americolor food and a tablespoon white distilled vinegar, mix it up well so the eggs to get spots from unmixed color. Place the egg white halves into the bowl with color and soak them for 1-2 minutes or until the desired color is reached.
5. Patriotic Sticks – To make these – Melt white candy melts in the microwave according to package directions. Dip two thirds of the pretzel rod in the white. Lay out on parchment paper or cooling rack with wax paper underneath. Allow them to dry. Next melt the blue candy melts. Dip the top third of the white section in the blue. While it is still wet, sprinkle with the white sprinkles. Allow to dry. Finally, melt the red candy melts. Pour melted red candy into plastic baggie. Cut the corner of the baggie and drizzle over the white section.